Where Can I Find Continuing Education??
Continual exposure to information about new technologies and products provided by experts in the industry is a key part of effective professional development. Requiring continuing education brings the ICPI certification program into compliance with standards that are typical of accredited certification programs, increasing the credibility for this certification.
Continuing Education Guidelines
- Topics must be related to hardscape installation, equipment, materials, safety, design or can be related to improving your business, marketing, and administration skills.
- ICPI Certified Installers are required to complete 8 hours of continuing education every two years to maintain certification.
- Programs that are purely product showcases or attendance at tradeshows will not be accepted.
- Programs must be a minimum of one-hour in length.
- Service to the Industry credit (up to 5 of the 8 could be from Service to the Industry):
- 2.5 hours awarded for actively participating on an ICPI task group or ICPI committee/subcommittee related to contractor education.
- 1 hour awarded for presenting a program or session that would qualify as ICPI contractor continuing education.
*After reviewing the above guidelines, if you are still unsure if a program will qualify for continuing education, contact ICPI. Take a look at the list of pre-approved programs from industry providers. So that ICPI can continue to grow this list, if you know of any hardscape-related programs that you think should be pre-approved for continuing education, please ask the provider to contact ICPI and submit the program for approval.
FOR PROVIDERS ONLY: Click here for the application and guidelines.
**Hours must be earned prior to the certification expiration date noted on your certificate, and reported when certification is renewed. Use the ICPI Continuing Education Tracking Form to help you track hours as they are earned.
Continuing Education Providers
Providers seeking approval for their continuing education programs should download both of the following documents:
- Application for ICPI Installer Continuing Education Program Approval
- Guidelines for ICPI Installer Continuing Education Providers. If approved, the program will be included on the list of pre-approved continuing education programs. In addition sponsors' have the option to include the program on the ICPI Continuing Education Calendar.
- Getting Started
- Search By Career Path
- Hardscape North America 2019