Build a Career That Lasts in the Concrete Paver Industry!
Just the Facts!
- Concrete paver sales jumped for the seventh consecutive year.
- Contractor employees’ wages have increased again.
- Recruiting and hiring enough qualified employees is the biggest challenge for contractors.
- What does this mean for you? OPPORTUNITY!
The Interlocking Concrete Pavement Institute (ICPI) is an association that represents the leading concrete paver manufacturers and contractors in the United States and Canada. The industry has great job opportunities available for experienced and new installers/contractors. You just need the proper installation education and training.
Wherever you are on your career path, ICPI and its members have established a four-step process that will help you become a better, more marketable professional:
- Begin Your Career - Attend an ICPI Beginner Boot Camp sponsored by an ICPI Member or another ICPI-approved organization.
- Get Certified – Pass an in-person ICPI Concrete Paver Installer Course or an ICPI-approved post-secondary school program, and document 10,000 square feet of concrete paver installation experience on a total of at least five projects.
- Become a Specialist – Pass one or all three of ICPI’s Specialist Courses (Residential, Commercial, and/or Permeable Interlocking Concrete Pavement, and document 50,000 square feet of concrete paver installation experience in specialty area.
- Earn Your Professional Designation – Pass an ICPI Professional Contractor Business Course (Residential and/or Commercial). Professional Courses will be available in Spring of 2020.
- Getting Started
- Search By Career Path
- ICPI Boot Camp
- Hardscape North America 2019